Fashion, Lifestyle & anything in between

Saturday 31 January 2015

When Off the Peg met Mr James ...


Here at Off the Peg we love to find new and upcoming brands and we’ve found it with Mr James. Exclusive handmade clothing and accessories are available for gentlemen of style. In a recent interview, we discovered an insight as to what can be expected from the collection launching spring 2015.



 What is Mr James all about?

“Mr James is a modern brand, the idea came about really with the guy on the move, it all started with the wash/toilet bag ours is a little different than the conventional stereotype.
 I wanted something to be on hand quickly and organised when you travel. 
The idea and concept evolved to thinking if we do a wash bag then why not another accessory such as the pocket square with a slightly different edge and style, such as making them double sided. From pocket squares we then thought of all the necessities men need and must have. We have tried to be different yet conventional as well as being as much as we can in today’s fashion market - unique.”
Handmade silk pocket squares 


Who is your style inspiration for Mr James?

“I guess living abroad all these years and out of the UK not only have I been lucky enough to sample so many different cultures and styles, but I’ve always wanted to ensure my British roots are clearly seen, the best way for me in doing this was the clothes I wore. Being abroad and having so many cosmopolitan friends with so many influences sparks so many ideas. I recently came across Python skin (quite the norm here in Asia) so decided we would incorporate this into a line itself with phone covers, key holders and a money clip! 
In terms of people who inspire me, of course a lot goes to my British roots, a few in particular David Beckham and Nick Wooster.”

What inspired you to create your collection?
“I guess after tailor making over 500 suits for myself and all my friends the last 8 years which was not even a hobby, it was just something I did. Suiting up buddies and constantly being asked where my suit was from or where did I find the pocket square or tie I had on. I became a bit too much for the tailors explaining it was never quite perfect enough or the stitching needed redoing. I decided if you wanted something doing right then do it yourself.
Mr James is still not my hobby ...... it’s my passion, I live and breathe Mr James, spending my time drawing, sketching, planning the ideas just don’t stop.”

 
Get the Mr James casual look 
                                       
What products can people expect from Mr James in 2015?

“I’m Launching my personal tailoring service to Los Angeles, hopefully over the next year we will have one or two more fitting stations in the US. We have our own online collection available shirts, blazers and accessory’s we have introduced a shirt members service for those wanting to automatically receive three shirts every six months. 

We have a men’s leather duffle bag that has been tested to last any amount of weight in it. Again I’ve tried to be realistic about it, practical but different to the normal luxury high end priced ones, but way more durable than the standard.  You can expect good quality at affordable prices, hoping customers will appreciate that and stay with us for years to come.

The python skin accessory range is different and a must have, also many requests are being made about our sunglasses as well as being a fashion item you must have, we thought we can at least make it safe and durable unlike most fashion sunglasses, we found the best UV polarized lens available to ensure the glasses do their job!.”

Look dapper in Mr James sunglasses  

When and where will Mr James be available?

“He’s available everywhere, we deliver to any part of the world  all our products are available online at
www.mrjames-menswear.com  as for me I’ll be mainly in LA over the next year as well as working with our factories. We will hit Paris & Lyon over the next few months for fitting days possibly Auckland as we have requests coming in from there too.”

Sum up Mr James in three words

“Creative, Innovative, Dapper”

                         
                                        … Coming soon                      


Want to see more from Mr James follow him on Instagram for previews of the collection



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Off the Peg | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig